Friday, February 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hello! It's been a while but after paying for excess baggage, nearly missing my second flight and a very rough landing into Newcastle I'm back on British soil (which at the moment is covered in snow)

But never mind, I arrived home to this fab fishy fabric from Diane:


It's not a very clear photo but you can just about make out their names: Robert, Bjorn and Malcolm :) I'll have to think of something special to make from it.

Good news for those waiting for pigeons- they're just waiting to have beaks attached then will be ready for purchase. Below is a picture of some of the last batch with the original rugby pigeon. It was a special rugby club order and I've sworn never to make another pigeon rugby shirt ever again!
And finally thank you to Ruth for giving me an "Amazing Blogger" award, I'm very flattered...haven't quite worked out how to get the little picture up though.

10 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Welcome home Charlie! Hope you are prepared for the slushy snow we've got here (although yours may be a little better seeing as you are fractionally further north!) Lucy x

P.S. can't wait to see the pigeons!

Anonymous said...

love the goldfish fabric and the rugby crowd are fab!

Monkee Maker said...

Hurrah! I kept checking and checking your blog .... not that I'm desperate for a pigeon or anything .... doh! Ok so maybe I am!

:)

ps. I'd really like mine in a rugby shirt please ..... ;)

pps. Welcome home, btw ...

Di said...

Hi Charlie!
Welcome home! Poop says hello too!

It sounds like you had quite a trip! We have no snow here in Dundee - boohoo!

Can't wait to see the next batch!

Di said...

PS I'm glad you liked the fishes!!

the vicious chicken said...

Oooh, lucky you - I adore that fabric, and have been coveting it for a while... but not getting round to getting any! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
VCxx

PS love the pigeon rugby players :o)

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Charlie,

Oh heck, does that mean you didn't get my paypal? I sent a message with that saying that I was joking about the rugby shirt - honest! You'd said that you were sick of doing them so I thought I'd ask for one .....

.... my sense of humour is sad. Very sad. Please rest assured that I'll be more than happy with a naked pigeon, and can you let me know if you didn't get my payment? (I'll check this end too)

Thanks
:)

dragonfly said...

Hi Charlie! Spotted you over at DottyCookie and just wanted to say that your pigeons are fab! I've just braved the crochet world and had spotted some of these type patterns on Etsy and may have a go myself!

Heidi said...

ok that is quite possibly the most awesome fish fabric I've ever seen, where did it come from?

Winnie R said...

Thankks great blog post